Monday 5 April 2010

Earth Hour.

Don’t get me wrong,

I like a panda as much as

the next person,

and those little monkeys

hopping and swinging about

with their big red bums out

give me much amusement

at a zoo.

Don’t get me wrong,

it’s a shame the lions

are dying out

and that the seas are rising

and the fish are diminishing;

but really,

I’m just one bloke

whose meant to be turning his lights off

on a night that the footy’s on.

It’s only a few lights on and the T.V

(cranked up loud for added effect),

so what’s the big deal?

Yeah, so, two football pitches

worth of rainforest

is being destroyed

every five seconds

(or some ridiculously

small amount of time like that)

but we all like a good Kit Kat

don’t we?

I just wish this world

would get off its bloody high horse

and leave me with my beers,

my T.V and my football team to cheer.

You all carry on with your little candles,

your little prayers,

and your silly little websites

that are asking for support.

We are all fucked in 2012 anyway.

No comments: