Monday 24 November 2008

ALCOHOL.

Repetition
and passionate discussions about biscuits,
oh how I miss it.
To be drunk
as we tank our belly's
full of yeast and fermentation:
A numbing sensation,
who cares about science anyway?
Today I got pissed
I wish you could have seen me baby.
I laughed so hard,
I was such a card and wit
and now I sit on my jack
with my back against the wall;
and the room is too thin
and the ceilings too tall.
Its caving in on me
as I try to sleep
in this heap of broken dreams
and incoherent chat.
I remember when we sat
and shared a bottle of wine.
Those were good times.
Friendly faces and poor graces,
but who cares about decorum
when we're having fun?
The music was too loud
and the neighbours complained
as it rained.
Shame it didn't wash away
the sick that stained
and the things we said
that we would never say
in a sober state.
I hate to talk about these things
that broke my wings
and made me fall,
but with drink it does call:
Honesty,
and the desire to talk and talk
and talk
as we walk to the kebab shop
for some chips
oops I let slip
so you stare with sad eyes
and I try to deny
the reasons i cry myself to sleep
but you shake your head
and questions questions
so many questions.
My heads in a whirl
and this girl wont shut up
so I smile and start singing
cos the alarm bells are ringing.
Frank Sinatra
you save me with New York New York
and the talk is over
and we're back on track
chatting about Coronation Street.
What a night
I'm beat
and the wine was too sweet.
There's this heat in my stomach
and my eyes are heavy,
legs like alphabetti spaghetti.
There's an A in my knee
and a J in my thigh
surrounded by words in legs that cant try
to move. So I decide to snooze
and I hope there's no bad dreams
to make me scream
but my heads too fuzzy
to focus on anything
but the buzzing in my ear
and the numbing of my face.
Who'd have thought
I'd end up such a mess in this place.

No comments: