Monday 24 November 2008

SAXAMAPHONE TEETH.

Some nights I sleep with my dress on. My teeth,
these teeth, they grind and writhe against one another,
I take the paracetamol and kill the pain.
I try not to buy splinters to bite me
I’d take a big piece of wood and create my own. Saves money.
Id use a telescope to spy your eyes, see your cells and soul.
Would you like to meet up and dance? You know. Soft and slow.
Don’t nuzzle in or bite.
I want a job that doesn’t blow or suck.
I’m suited and booted, raring to go. The bee’s knees dairy queen.
I hate money. I’m not to die
Give me a field below.
Mine can play a defty tune, the saxamaphone belts out my heart.
If we were to run together hand in hand
the world would curve around us, but never gain on us, we
would out race all.
The paths under my eyes are places I’ve been before
I climb them into bed to sleep.
I’m not one of those vampires, nocturnal to the moon and I’m not one
of those faces staring out at you through a window, giving a wink.
It’s full of holes.
In the morning I awake. I dream of teeth
falling out and bleeding down my nightgown.
Night fall falls all. Taste the rainbow. Red is gums,
fruit pastells are all over this palette. Get the
paints out and show me how I look inside
from a Kandinsky point of view. Everything looks
like the circus.
Roll up; roll up that spliff, joint, dooby
whatever you wanna call it. Make your choice
but don’t stick to it. Its not superglue
on a chair. Pranks from school. Mr Lever sitting on a pin,
he never burst.
Maths equations weren’t needed to teach you that,
skeleton on the inside, weak ageing flesh outside.
Its more biology but who cared about plants?
The dichotomy of a leaf similar to my brain,
One word answers desire two.
Truth be told I’m ancient and just waiting for the rocket man
to move me on to better things.

No comments: