Monday 24 November 2008

MARKET GOODS.

If you were seen as goods
I'd buy you at the market,
see the sale price on you
and put you in my basket,
take you to the tradesman
who'd say "Cor blimey Guv,
you know, you get what you pay for
and for that you wont get love."
I'd have thought you were a bargain
and I wouldn't even haggle
but if I were a mystic
I would have for the hassle.
The trader could have dolled you up
with tassles bright and gay
but if I knew what I know now
"You're jokin'" I would say.
"A few quid to feel miserable?
I could just watch Schindlers list!
A few quid for bland interior?
Think I'll give it a miss."
I deserve better
and will go more upmarket now,
be more fussy with my window shopping
no second rate hand me downs.
Go back to your first owner
or to the bargain bin
there's more treasure than silver and gold mate
happiness comes from within.
I'd rather be alone
than insecure and unfulfilled
I'd rather be alone
than with someone of weak wills.
So next time I'll think twice before I make it to the till
am I just buying crap again
when I should save for better still.


No comments: